Berlin - EPICO e.V. is a young, innovative independent think tank and network with key stakeholders from politics, business, science, and society. We see a consistent focus on climate neutrality as an opportunity for sustainable growth and climate protection while preserving our prosperity and social cohesion. Our mission is to drive forward a shaping, sustainable climate, and energy policy. In doing so, we rely on the dynamics of competition and innovation as guiding principles in the development and implementation of viable strategies and clear concepts to achieve climate neutrality and the 1.5°C target.
We are looking for a Student Assistant/Working Student Research (f/m/d) in Berlin to contribute to our publications and implementation of our projects.
Closing date for applications is 31 March 2023 midnight CET. Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held upon reception on a rolling basis. Interviews will be carried out online, through Microsoft Teams.
Starting date in the second week of April 2023.
Role title: Student Assistant/Working Student Research (f/m/d)
Type of contract: Working Student contract
Reporting to: EPICO’s HQ in Berlin
Location: EPICO Berlin, Friedrichstraße 79, 10117 Berlin
- You will do content-related research and work in the Berlin team (Berlin office/remote) in the field of German energy and climate policy, on content-related support and implementation of our projects.
- You will support the team in day-to-day business and take care of content-related research and some general assistance tasks.
- You will support the writing of our publications.
- You will contribute to the preparation, organization, implementation and follow-up of conferences, meetings, and events with high-profile guests from politics, business, science, and civil society.
- You will support the management of the website, newsletter, and data bases.
- You are studying in a master's or doctoral program with a focus on energy and/or climate and can demonstrate good results in your studies.
- You have a good understanding of political and economic contexts and knowledge in the field of climate, environmental or energy policy.
- You have already gained relevant experience, e.g., in the context of internships or working student activities, and you are proficient in the common MS Office programs.
- You are an open-minded and communicative personality, who enjoys tasks, is empathetic and can identify with EPICO's mission and values.
- Your German and English language skills are very good, both written and spoken
- Keen interest/experience in one of the following policy areas: Electricity and Gas Markets; Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS); Hydrogen.
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking.
- Social media-savvy.
- A dynamic, autonomous job with a variety of learning opportunities
- A high-performance and pleasant working environment in a dynamic, young team that is looking forward to meeting you!
- Flexible working hours, including the possibility to work remotely.
- 2 days of leave per month (accumulable), and an extra day off on your birthday.
- We give you confidence and freedom to do things independently.
- You can expect an open culture with a lot of room for new ideas and impulses.
- We give great importance to direct communication and fair cooperation.
- If you want to make a difference with your skills, you've come to the right place!
We are looking forward to your application! Please send your cover letter and CV as a PDF document, stating your earliest possible starting date and your desired salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org.